You will find Zeddam in the municipality of Montferland, a beautiful part of the Netherlands. The tranquility and space of the Achterhoek and Montferland are like no other region in this country. Therefore, Ruimzicht is an atrractive location for nature lovers. The hotel is located in a wooded area where you can enjoy walking, cycling and mountain biking.
The Montferland forests are very beautiful and a walk worthwhile. Enough opportunities in an area of more than 2200 hectares:
- 11 marked walking routes from 2 to 7 kilometres
- 2 long distance trails passing through the forrest, namely the Pieterpad and the Noaberpad
- For long walks there are also nordic walking routes available up to 16 kilometers
Ruimzicht is the starting point for two walking routes towards the Montferland forests. These can be requested at the reception.
Nordic Walking Park Montferland-Elten is a transnational 80-km network of marked nordic walking routes through the Bergherbos and the Eltenberg.
The German-Dutch route network (about 40 kilometres on both sides) is made up of seven seperate and interconnected routes, ranging in lenght from 3.3 to 15.6 kilometres. This has resulted in a special and very attractive network that meet the needs of every nordic walker.
With the cycle junction network you have a huge choice of routes. In the Achterhoek, the network is nearly 1500 km long and consists of 330 junctions. Hotel Ruimzicht has a charging point for electric bikes.
A beautiful mountainbike route extends through the Montferland/Bergherbos area. It is 26 kilometres long and has some tough climbs and fast descents. The differences in height ensure a wonderful challenge. The route is already ranked top ten for most beautiful mountainbike trails in the Netherlands and can be started or shortened at several points. A permit at the cost of €5,- is required for this route, availabe at the tourist office Montferland (VVV).
The cosy city of Doetinchem lies at a 15-kilometre drive from Zeddam. Arnhem can be reached by motorway in 30 minutes. Here you can visit the Netherlands Open Air Museum and Burgers’ Zoo. Germany lies only a stone’s throw away, with just across the border places like Kleve and Bocholt which are worth visiting.
- Shopping in Doetinchem and Arnhem
- Indoor Shopping in Oberhausen
- Walking in the Montferland woods
- Visit Castle Huis Bergh in ’s Heerenberg
- Mountain biking on one of the country’s finest and toughest courses
- Visit the oldest city of the Netherlands, Bronckhorst
- Go back in time in the Netherlands Open Air Museum
- Play a round on the golf course ‘Borghees’
- Water-skiing on the cable water-ski run in Braamt